Dylan Forman's Animation Mentor Blog

The blog that will track my progress as I begin my journey from becoming an animation enthusiast, to a professional 3D animator. Watch this space...

Friday, September 09, 2005

Wow! Talk about neglect

Sooo sorry I havent updated this blog for ages, the truth is I've been so busy over the last 2 months I almost forgot I had this blog. So whats been happening? Alot. Well more specifically with animation mentor? Well today I just finished my last Q&A for the first quarter. What an amazing experience this has been. Having never animated before, and knowing 0 of the principles of animation, I feel I have learned so much in such a seemingly small space of time. I can honestly say that during 3 months I have been pushed further than I thought I could ever go with animation. I can already kind of animate a walk, (which before I started AM, I thought I would probably do in a couple of years.) I guess I just keep putting off things I dont feel confident doing, like where the hell do you start animating a walk, but with AM, it is so well broken down, and you have no excuse to not be able to do it. You just gotta get in and do it, whether you feel confident or not. Having this approach has definetly made me realise that the more you do this stuff the better you will get at it, and the more confidence you will have in animating scenes. Also the whole support from the mentors, students and general animation community has been so huge, that it is really difficult to not get fired up to give each assignment your best shot. Im definetly gonna try stick this out to the end, just gotta hope my finances allow it. I must admit tho that juggling work and these studies is no easy task, but is not impossible to do. I am definetly gonna be more organized next quarter though, now that I know what I'm in for, and judging by what I've seen the class ahead of me doing, it looks to be an amazing term ahead. Well enough rambling, I want to post up some of my assignments that I have done so far, just gotta figure out how to do that quick.
Be right back
Later

51 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home