Dylan Forman's Animation Mentor Blog

The blog that will track my progress as I begin my journey from becoming an animation enthusiast, to a professional 3D animator. Watch this space...

Saturday, June 25, 2005

Class has started and...

Wow. AM has finally begun, and I cannot believe the attitudes of everyone involved. Everyone is so passionate and positive about AM. It's really cool. I've been so excited about whats going on, I forgot about this blog. Well I'll fill you in on the details.
My mentor is Randy Haycock for the first quarter, and he's worked on Aladdin, Pocahontas, Lion King, Treasure Planet, as an animator. He's also supervised the characters of Baby & young Hercules (Hercules), Clayton (Tarzan), & Princess Kida (Atlantis). He's currently an animator on Chicken Little, and will be supervising a few characters on the upcoming Disney film "A Day with Wilbur Robinson. He has lectured on animation at CalArts and Brigham Young University.
We had a global Q&A session with Bobby, Carlos & Shawn which was on Monday night 8pm PDT. It worked out to 5am for me in Africa. Not too bad, better than 4am. The Q&A was awesome. Started lagging a bit towards the end, but for the majority of the session it was fine. It truley opened my eyes to how dedicated and excited everyone was to be part of AM. The rest of this week we have just had to update our profiles, and introduce ourselves to our mentor.

Our Q&A with Randy was also really cool. He told us about himself, and how he got into animation, then gave each of us a turn to tell him about ourselves, and why we want to do animation. There were a few technical issues, but I'm sure they will be sorted out for next time. All I can say is that I think we are going to have an awesome term, and I can't wait to start the assignments.
Now I'm off to do some life sketching.

2 Comments:

  • At 1:02 PM, Blogger fabianv said…

    Congratulations on studying at Animationmentor.com .. its inspiring me to change me plans for UCAAC and join you there.. I will be keeping a close watch on your blog to make sure that its worth my time. If you feel like emailing me email me here : fvercuiel@gmail.com or private message me on my account at cgtalk fabianv

    :D Good luck!

     
  • At 5:34 AM, Blogger jeff said…

    congrats Dylan- you're going to love it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home